Monday, December 8, 2014

Pinterest has not failed me.

While perusing Pinterest lately I came across a pin that said that there was a version of that Wen shampoo made by a brand that is found easily in stores and it is way cheaper than the Wen brand. Naturally, I had to try it. It's made by Herbal Essences. You can get it here. I bought my bottle at Target for $4.99 (which definitely beats the $30-60 for Wen on Amazon). I used it last night in my shower and I have three things to say about it:
  1. It smells fantastic
  2. My hair was really soft after rinsing it out which is not normally the case. It usually feels like straw. I made sure to massage it really well when putting it on because it doesn't lather. I used 4 pumps (the directions say to use 3-4 pumps. I started with 3 and then added another pump when I felt I had missed spots), let it sit for a few minutes and then rinsed really well. I ended up rinsing, going on to the next step in my usual shower routine, back to rinsing my hair, next step, back to rinsing, etc. I think I rinsed it 3-4 times just to make sure it came out all the way. 
  3. I must have fully washed it out because after blow drying and then sleeping on it, I woke up this morning with beauty queen full sized hair. I looked like I had teased the crap outta out, but not the knappy teasing, the teasing that adds tons of height and volume. Even after straightening it which usually takes off the volume, my hair is still big this morning!
You're not supposed to use it for every washing, so I think I'll be using this maybe once a week at the most. I'm definitely pleased with the results after one use. Thank you, Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment